Friday, March 25, 2011

James Sugg


There are few artists who really have their finger on the pulse of a generation. James Sugg says that I am one of them.

I first met Sugg when I moved to Philly from Rhode Island. I was looking for someone to accompany me on the accordion. He never called me back, so I invited and fellow Rhode Islander, Deb "Stache" Sorenson, to join me. I tried for a while to pass her off as James Sugg, and I think it worked for a while... This, of course, led to an artistic relationship that lasted until Stache quit last year, outside the Fringe Cabaret at 2:30 a.m.

But I have been able to admire James through all of his successes and awards, especially with my good friends at Pig Island Theatre Company. This resulted in a wonderful song that debuted at the last Lefty Lucy Cabaret in February. James Sugg, this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment